Sunday, November 18, 2012

Writing Uphill

I was out with Diesel on a windy but not too cold afternoon. (I decided to dub him "Diesel" mid-ride and told him as much. "I'll take it!" was his response. Why "Diesel"? Dude just goes.) He asked me about the blog. I confessed that I wasn't sure what I was doing with the blog or where it would go but that I was enjoying it so far.

I work on my posts when I can- I'll steal some time at night or on a day off. I'll read what I've written, fix a word here and there, add to it, cut and paste, revise etc. At some point I convince myself that I have to hit the "publish" button and be done with it or else I'd edit and revise endlessly.

I've got two long-ish posts that I'm working on. One just isn't coming together even though I've been working on it for a couple weeks now. It's as if I'm writing uphill and hitting the wall- a writer's bonk, I guess. Someone said the blog would be like riding "It'll be easy some days, hard others, sometimes too hard but hang anyway. The rewards come." I think they're right. We'll see.

1 comment: